Thursday, September 11, 2014

Halloween Read-Alouds

I was in Barnes and Nobel tonight and it got me thinking about my favorite books to read in October. Here are some of my old favorites and a few new ones.
 
This David Carter pop-up bug book is one of my favorite in the series. The bugs all use fun little familiar Halloween sayings. 

Any book by Todd Parr is a favorite. This book is a great springboard for talking about fears. As always, Parr writes about feelings and events that all little ones can relate to. My favorite example from the book is being scared when shopping for new underwear, but not being scared when wearing it on your head. 

I love the riddle pop-up books in this series. This one contains fun Halloween riddles. 

This story is so cute! Skeleton finds the witches list of what's for dinner so he thinks the witches want to eat him. Silly Skeleton. The witches want to have you for dinner, not eat  you. This book reminds me of the story A Turkey for Thanksgiving. 

A few fun counting books...



Don't forget the oldies but goodies...









 

3 comments:

Bumblebees R Us Day Care Center said...

Great Halloween books collection! I love to see how children will react to "Silly Ghost" and "I'm Not Afraid". You just gave me an idea on activities for Halloween! Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

I think Too Many Pumpkins is my absolute favorite fall read!!! I love it!

Poetry for You said...

Good colection,you may read ths also free online syllabus for Preschool kids