Wednesday, July 2, 2014

D is for Duck Calls

I know it has been forever since I posted anything. After wrapping up the school year, I have spent most of my time with my girls, reading books for FUN, running, and looking for a new job. It feels so good to be finished!!!

a long weekend in Austin with both of my girls :)


I love alphabet books, but I am kind of picky about what makes a good one. I came across this alphabet book this week and I really liked it so I wanted to share. This alphabet book features everyone's favorite Duck Dynasty characters, sayings, and more! I am not a big Duck Dynasty fan, but I still found this alphabet book to be lots of fun. Your little ones who are Duck Dynasty fans will love it for sure! 
I had a few ideas for how I might use the book in my classroom:
1) Make a classroom alphabet book with classmates names, class rules and sayings, and other features unique to your classroom
2) Use with a study on the farm or animals - specifically with a study on ducks 
3) Use with a unit on families- compare the Duck Dynasty family to your classroom family or to the kids' families
4) When teaching little ones to research a topic, make an alphabet book on ducks. Students can even research ducks at home and be assigned a specific letter of the alphabet to connect their research to 
5) Make an alphabet book about families - students can complete a page or two at home by writing and illustrating something their family does related to their assigned letter

Theses are just a few ideas. I am sure you can come up with tons more!

3 comments:

Carolyn Kisloski said...

What a fun book! I can think of so many of my kids who would just love it! I'm glad you are just taking some time for yourself- and your girls! Happy Summer!
Carolyn
Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

Mrs. Morrow said...

Adorable pictures of your girls! Hope you are having a fun summer!

Take Rest said...


Unsecured loans are no added a new banking abstraction for people, who are in connected blow with banking market. Since these loans action accessory chargeless finance, best of the borrowers adopt these loans to accommodated their banking requirements. These loans are offered by those banking institutions that are registered beneath banking ascendancy of UK.
Check Cashing