Here are the instructions and recording sheet for the pigeons we made. You can download the recording sheet from TPT for free here.
Body (light blue) 6 x 12
Neck (light blue) 2 x 9
Head (light blue) 3 1/2 x 3 1/2
White eye 2 x 2
Black eye 1 1/2 x 11/2
Neck stripe 1 1/2 x 2
I cut the legs and beak for them. I free-handed them quickly and passed them out.
To make the pigeons:
1) Have students hold the body piece. Have them clip the two bottom corners and round only the bottom.
2) Use a black crayon to draw on the wing.
3) Glue on the neck pieces.
4) Have students hold the head piece. Have them clip all four corners and round to make a circle.
5) To make the eyes, take the white and black square, clip all four corners and round to make two circles.
6) Glue the head onto the neck. Glue the eye pieces together and glue onto the head.
7) Glue on the beak piece.
8) Glue on the legs.
9) Use sea sponges and brown paint to sponge paint brown onto the pigeon to make him look dirty.