Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Creating Timelines- The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Cookie's Week

We are learning about timelines in social studies. We read The Very Hungry Caterpillar and made a timeline of the caterpillar's metamorphosis into a butterfly to go with it. We also read the book Cookie's Week and made a timeline of Cookie's week long adventures. Tomorrow we are using the Grouchy Ladybug to make a timeline for what the ladybug does in a day's time. You could easily have your students make their own pictures for these lessons. I used pre-made clip art because I do not have a lot of time to teach social studies. You can get the timeline pictures and words here.




(sometimes getting to the Fed Ex office to make color copies is just too much trouble)
My students decided we needed to add another "Monday" to the end of our timeline because the last page of the book shows Cookie taking off for another adventure. 

3 comments:

Maryann said...

I love using your ideas and purchasing from TPT. These pictures are great from Cookies' Week. Is there a response sheet for each child to fill in? I wasn't sure before I purchase this.
Thanks for the great pictures!
Maryann
brennemm@calisleschools.org

Mrs. Larremore said...

Maryann,

What did you have in mind? I was working on a few things for another timeline unit. I could add something to that one. For the other unit I was planning small pictures the kids could order on a timeline and then a blank one for planning a timeline of an upcoming day. Let me know what you are thinking.

Jami Baumgartner said...

Thank you for all these great resources. My class LOVED working together to construct these timelines. I am so excited you posted some more!