Thursday, January 23, 2014

Making Predictions and The Snow Globe Family

In ELA we are working on making predictions. Today we used the book The Snow Globe Family to make predictions. There are several great places for stopping and making predictions throughout the book. I love the predictions we made when we got to the last page.

We brainstormed different things we could do in the snow then wrote about our ideas. Of course almost everyone decided to write "play." Oh, how they do like to share ideas and do the same thing :) 

We kept the lesson simple since we were focusing on making predictions. There are lots of cute ideas and units on Pinterest and TPT for using this book. You can check some of them out here on my Pinterest board. 


Stephanie Schuler said...

Love it! Almost like a Winter storyboard! I'm sure that the kids had fun with this! Did they get to share out loud or with partners?

Mrs. Clancy said...

April, Your class writing samples look great! I love the post. I hope you are having a great school year. Melissa

Mrs. Larremore said...

Awww. Thanks Melissa. I always love seeing your name in my comments. The year is going great here. I hope you are having a great one too. I can't believe it is already half way over!

Busy Bees said...

I bought that book over the weekend and can't wait to use it. Thanks for the great ideas!