Saturday, October 26, 2013

Life-size Ten Frame

A lot of you have asked me about my life-size ten frame and where I got it or how I made it. So here is the low-down...

I started with a long sheet of bulletin board from the work room. The kind that you pull of the roll to decorate your boards with.

I did not cut any paper off the frame from the top or the bottom. The width of the paper I used was 36 inches. The length of my ten frame is 66 inches. Your frame could be bigger, but you probably do not want it  to be any smaller if you want your kids to be able to stand in the squares. 

First, I folded the paper in half from top to bottom. I lined the edges of the ten frame in tape and made a line of tape down the middle on top of the crease. I used dorm room tape to line the edges and mark the frames. I measured the frame from left to right. Then divided the length by 5 and made each frame that size. I marked the frame at the bottom and the top then used a yardstick to connect the marks. I placed the dorm tape down on top of the lines to make each box. I purchased my dorm tape at Mardel, but I have seen it at other teacher supply stores. 
After the frame was made and taped off I folded it in half and laminated it. Then I cut it out and used an exacto knife to open it up. I folded it in half again the other way and laminated it again. I cut it out and used an exacto knife to cut it open again. I hope these instructions make sense. Comment below if you have more questions. I will be happy to answer them. 

18 comments:

Christin W. said...

Wow! This is so cool!! I'm going to make one this week!!! Stay tuned for a post!

Christin
Shifting Teacher K-2

Lesson Plans and Lollipops said...

I wondered how you made that too. I'm going to show this to my lovely assistant and get her to work on making one this week. Thanks for sharing!
Katrina
Lesson Plans and Lollipops

Luv My Kinders said...

I have been wanting to make one of the life size 10 frames, but I wasn't sure how to go about it. Thanks so much for the tutorial.

~Laura

Martha Palmer said...

Where do you get your colored signs/ cards that the kids use?

Anonymous said...

Could you give your measurements? Length & width of whole frame and length & width of one of the frames.
Thanks!

Theresa Goodrich said...

I think I'll make one using an old shower curtain or window shade and your dorm tape to mark it off!

Mrs. Larremore said...

I will measure my ten frame tomorrow and go back in to the post and add specific measurements.

Mrs. Larremore said...

Martha- I purchased them from Scrappin Doodles clip art.

Mrs. Wyman said...

So cool! What's dorm room tape? Is there another name for it?

Mrs. Larremore said...

Dorm tape is like colored masking tape. I have not seen it called anything else though.

Mrs. Larremore said...

Dorm tape is like colored masking tape. I have not seen it called anything else though.

g-girl said...

You are a genius! Thanks for the step-by-step tutorial. :)

obat kanker payudara herbal said...

This morning is really cool to read and read, thank you for this useful article

michael kors outlet store said...

cheap michael jordan kors handbagsBy reading your blog I can see you are very happy , had very interesting , full of life , I will always be concerned about your blog .

http: //www.hotmichaelkorsbag.net/

michael kors outlet store said...

cheap michael jordan kors handbagsBy reading your blog I can see you are very happy , had very interesting , full of life , I will always be concerned about your blog .

http: //www.hotmichaelkorsbag.net/

michael kors hamilton satchel said...

cheap michael jordan kors handbagsBy reading your blog I can see you are very happy , had very interesting , full of life , I will always be concerned about your blog .

http: //www.hotmichaelkorsbag.net/

Anonymous said...

michael kors satchelsBy reading your blog I can see you are very happy , had very interesting , full of life , I will always be concerned about your blog .

http: //www.hotmichaelkorsbag.net/

Justin said...

Never touch the long haul investment funds, don't fall prey to that tingling when you develop enough cash you effectively get enticed to utilize it to support a major buy. Your long haul reserve funds is your life investment funds, don't utilize it to purchase an auto or a house. cash advance san-diego