Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My New Favorite App: booksapp2

I just found an app that I am in love with. It's called booksapp2. I have TONS of books and I am always forgetting which ones I have and which ones I don't. I hate being at a bookstore or at home and not knowing what I have. I have searched forever for a great way to catalog them and I think I have finally found that way. The booksapp2 app is free and so easy to use.
You can scan the barcode on the book, enter the ISBN number, or look the book up in a Google search. I started entering my books today. I think it is going to take awhile to get all of my books cataloged! Lol. Here is a screen shot of what it looks like if you look a book up by the title.

Here is the library home screen. You can look books up all of these different ways. You just enter the book and the app categorizes it for you in all of these ways. You can create create and manage your own collections. One of my favorite aspects of the app is that you can keep track of the books you lend out to others. I am always forgetting what I let people borrow and I do not always get the books back so this is a great tool for me. 









9 comments:

Becky said...

I've been looking for something like this. I know there are lots of options out there, but this one looks great. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to check out this app.

Becky
Compassionate Teacher

megandw said...

oooohhhh....thanks for sharing!
can't wait to explore this more!

Jennifer Jones said...

Awesome. Love it. May try it.

vickyw said...

I use this app, too, and it is great! I also write things in the notes part, like if I have multiple copies or if it's a hardback. I started using the app at the end of last year and was feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of entering all my books, so I decided to enter them as I used them with my units. I still have half the year to enter this year, but it is much easier to just pull out the next themed books and do those now while I am thinking about what I want to use with my lessons!

Mrs. Larremore said...

Thanks for that tip about entering your books. I was feeling really overwhelmed to. Great idea!

Diane Decker said...

We had that app installed for us on our Ipads and I have totally forgotten about it until today when I got your update. Thanks! Does the app "walk" you through the process? User friendly?

Larremore - I love your blog! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Larremore said...

The app is very user friendly. I have been able to figure everything out quickly and easily on my own.

Linda said...

Thanks for posting this! I was just thinking I needed a better way, because I have bought 2 copies of a book!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Does this app still exist? I'm having a hard time finding it and would love to use it my classroom!