Sunday, September 1, 2013

My First Week Favorites

I had a truly awesome first week of school. I would even venture to say that I had the best first week I have ever had in all of my 19 years of teaching.

Here are a few of my favorite things from my first week...

If you have not purchased Deanna Jump's All Set? You Bet! Classroom Management Transitions and Routines Unit then you are missing out. The You Tube Jukebox has become my favorite part of the unit. This part of the unit contains several pages of direct links to You Tube songs/videos which can be used as breaks between lessons, as class rewards, for indoor recess, and just for FUN! My students love these songs! These songs have made them work even harder to keep all of their ships while I read a book or teach a lesson. While the You Tube Jukebox is my favorite part of the unit, I also love the fun brain breaks and attention-getters. This is definitely a must-have unit.

My terrific class of kindergartners!
(still working on getting that first class picture :)


Our New Team Shirts from Claire Lynn 
(and of course my super fun and super hard-working team)

These Fun Cheers from Foxwell Forest
 

and last but not least... First Day Roses from my Sweetie

3 comments:

Lori Faas said...

Your shirts are adorable!

Lori @
Bee the Change
Mrs. Faas’ First Grade

Gladys said...

Love your first week favorites! :)

Michelle Griffo said...

Looks like you are off to a good start! Love the shirts!!!!

Michelle