Monday, August 12, 2013

You Get What You Get

I think I need to stay away from Amazon. I am in a book buying frenzy! I bought this one this morning.
About the book: Melvin throws fit every time he doesn't get what he wants. Not only does Melvin learn how to deal with disappointment, he teaches his family the lesson too. And after all, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

I know a lot of us use this phrase throughout the day with out little ones and now we have the perfect book for talking about it! I purchased this book from Amazon but it is temporarily out of stock. I checked Barnes and Nobel and their site says the book is usually available within 1-2 weeks. Ordering through a bookstore may be faster. I am not sure. 

3 comments:

Chandler said...

I work(ed) at a daycare and we were always saying something along this line. I immediately read your title and finished it up with "and you don't get upset." It is so ingrained in my head that I had to say the whole thing when I read your title. But I might have to get this book to reinforce that lesson to the kids; thanks for sharing!

Carolyn Kisloski said...

OK - I saw your post title and immediately said "and you don't throw a fit." So I guess we are all on the same page with that one! ;) Looks like a great book that the kids would love!
Carolyn
Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

Lorin said...

This is great. I just got the book a few days ago after seeing this and I love it. I'm putting it to use right now.