Friday, August 30, 2013

Look Whooooo's In Our School

This week we focused on the people in our school and how they help us. We made this t-chart to show the different people and their jobs. I typed the words in advance, but had the students brainstorm the people who needed to be on the chart and what they did for us first. The students helped me add the words to the chart as they shared their ideas.

Since it was the first week of school I wanted a very simple owl craft so I used this one from Amy Lemons. I pre-cut the pieces out of construction paper so that all we had to do was practice gluing (you know how crazy new kindergartners get with white glue). You can download Amy's owl craftivity for free here from her TPT store.


This is the book we used with this lesson. It names all of the people in the school. 


2 comments:

Casey said...

This is such a cute activity. I teach kindergarten in Australia and we didn't talk about 'people that help us' until the second term. I would much prefer to do it nice and early in the piece. Your kids did a great job with their owls!

Casey
Lifelong Learners in Prep

amy.lemons said...

Thanks for sharing! I love how they turned out :)