Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Todd Parr and The I Love You Book

I love Todd Parr's books. The text  of his books is simple and the illustrations are bright, bold, and fun. We read and responded to The I Love You Book for Valentine's Day.

We brainstormed things we loved and charted our ideas using interactive writing. Then we did some Todd Parr inspired art. To paint the face, I gave each student a 12x18 in sheet of white paper and then had them paint a large circle in the color of their choosing. After their circle dried, I had them use black paint to outline the circle, make eyes, a mouth, and hair. The girls went back and painted their hair in a different color after their black dried. 

3 comments:

Mrs. Wheeler said...

So cute! I love Todd Parr!

Megan
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

Lyn Goff said...

I too Love Todd Parr and these faces are wonderful!!
Lyn

Kate.Mich said...

I LOVE THESE!