Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch

Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch is one of my favorite Valentine read-alouds. We read the book this week and came up with descriptive words to show what his character was like. Then we made drawings of Mr. Hatch.


I found a few other ideas to go with this book after I taught my lesson. 

Have a "special persons" day. Have each child invite someone special to visit the class. Then have all of the students share what makes that person special or a special memory of that person. This idea came from Six Bucks

Brainstorm ways to cheer Mr. Hatch up. This idea came from Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade

You can find an online version of this story on Storyline Online. Hector Elizondo narrates. 


2 comments:

Kathleen Minshew said...

My intern read this book today to my class. I can't wait to share your post with her. Thanks so much for all your wonderful ideas and taking the time to write them up. I appreciate you! (a fellow Texas teacher)

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Hey April! Thanks for the shout-out! I am loving those Mr. Hatch heads! Totally making them tomorrow!!! Glad to know about the online story, as well! Thanks!

Megan
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT