Friday, January 25, 2013

More on Procedural Texts

As part of our study of procedural texts we looked at books that teach you how to draw. Ed Emberley is one of my favorites for this.



Barker Creek's Draw-Write-Now series is great too. We used the Animals of the World Part 2 book today during our lesson. I especially like the wide variety of subjects covered in the Draw-Write-Now set. There are books that show how to draw all kinds of animals, holidays and celebrations, important historical figures, geographical locations, and American symbols. 



We explored a variety of procedural texts on drawing. Then we followed the directions in the Draw-Write-Now Book for the lion. When we were finished drawing our pictures we wrote our own procedural text for what we did. 

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I just have to say those pictures are just darling!

Brenda
Primary Inspired

Ramon Abajo said...

Very, very cool stuff, Mrs. L. I am your new follower!

Best,
Ramon
Fonts 4 Teachers
Fonts 4 Teachers in TPT

Andrea Randall said...

I have the Drawing Book of Animals but have never seen the faces book. I MUST get this for my class!!! Thanks!