Sunday, November 4, 2012

Goldilocks and the Three Bears


We are learning about characters in books. This week we made text-to-self connections between ourselves and Goldilocks. Since we shared the pen we did not write very many words. Then we drew pictures of ourselves and Goldilocks.



At the end of the week we retold the story by acting it out. The kids had so much fun with this. I have had these posterboard masks for 17 years. I made them when I was student teaching. I had the best kindergarten student teacher (Beckie Dodson) and she had a set of her own masks and she let me trace them. I have since made some for several other fairy tales. The kids love using these so much more than headbands or popsicle stick puppets. 






2 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

OMG! I love the masks!!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Stef Galvin said...

I just LOVE your masks! What a fantastic idea!

Stef
P.S. I have a giveaway going on at my blog if you're interested!