Sunday, November 25, 2012

"Flat Gingy" - A Fun Gingerbread Man Craft and Project

Just came across this unit on TPT and I LOVE it!! It's called "Flat Gingy" and yes... it is a spin off of the lovable Flat Stanley. "Flat Gingy" is Flat Stanley's Holiday Cousin :) Christie from First Grade Fever has created a fun and inexpensive take home writing project. Student's make "Flat Gingy" at school, take him home for some holiday fun with their family, then write up something about their adventure together. You could easily modify this project to meet the age of your students. They can write one or two sentences about the adventure or a whole page. They can even dictate their story if your students are very young writers. You can check out Christie's unit here. I already have it in my cart to purchase tomorrow during the big TPT Cyber Monday Sale.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I love Flat Stanley and this is too cute! I just might have to add this to my gingerbread plans for the coming weeks. What a great way to build the home-school connection!

Jessica
Enter Littlest Scholars' Holiday Giveaway

Chrissy said...

It's in my cart! That would make a fun homework writing activity too.
Chrissy
First Grade Found Me

assignments web said...

Nice blog to reading thanks for sharing such useful information this is very helpful for students who learn online and want Assignment Online.And keep continue to sharing useful information for us.

johnpeterjohn said...

Informative Blog. i liked it very much!!
Preschool Games

Miss Trayers said...

Really love this idea (one of those-why didn't I think of that!?) :) Another grade level in our school has dibs on Flat Stanley, this would be something we could do. Thanks so much for sharing the idea!

NotJustChild'sPlay

Julie Marciniak said...

Hi April!
We are just wrapping up the GMan for this year but I am grabbing this from TPT for next year! Great idea!
Julie
Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

Lacey said...

This is super cute! Glad I found your blog :D I'm an EDU and SPED student. Your blog is going to be so helpful!