Friday, October 26, 2012

Work on Writing Day 2

I am happy to say that my kids are so excited about adding work on writing to our daily five rotation. Every day they ask when we are going to read and write until it is finally time. On day two I set our goal to be 5 minutes and YES we made it!! YAH!!

I kept it simple. I kept them in a circle on the carpet and only gave them one marker to use. Once we build our stamina a bit then I will allow them to choose spots around the room and use other materials to draw and write.

We are working on sharing after we are done writing. Some of the kids are really good at this and others are still unsure how to share their work. As each child shares I am modeling how to point out specific aspects in their pieces and draw everyone's attention to the things that "good writers" do.



3 comments:

Leah NiƱa Elsie Vega said...

While they're still young, give them the best that they need. Visit us at www.greatmoms.net for more tips with your kids.

Sumit Goyal said...

Great Post I like it thanks for share with me

outline

Anonymous said...

To get a wonderful pair of designer glasses, you've got the greatest chances although exploring the particular choices with the websites.