Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Silly Sally Class Book

Last week we added the strategy "recognize 2 words that rhyme" to our CAFE menu. We also worked on retelling stories and drawing ourselves. We used the book Silly Sally to work on all of these concepts.

I love these silly portraits of my students walking upside down!! This class book page came from Deanna Jump's Literacy and Math Fun with Names unit.  


Ash said...

Love love love Silly Sally! Those pictures came out so adorable!

Casey said...

What a cute idea! Must get my hands on this book =)

Liz Schreiber said...

This is adorable! Do you have any other good strategies for rhyming practice? I have a student who is very proficient in all other aspects of reading, but she really struggles with rhyming. Any insight would be great!

Mrs. Larremore said...


I have not found a sure fire way for teaching rhyming to those kids who struggle with it. The only thing I can suggest is repetition in a variety of ways. Looking for them in books, playing games with them, listening for them as well as making your own, etc. Rhyming is just really hard for some kids and you have to just expose them to it over and over.