Here is what you need to make them...
1) cardboard egg cartons
2) window (1 1/2 X 1 1/2 white) 1
3) wheels ( 1 1/2 X 1 1/2 black) 3
4) lights (1 X 1 yellow) 3
5) siren (1 X 1 red) 1
6) ladder (1/2 strips)
7) red paint and paint brushes
8) white glue
Here is how you make them...
1) Cut a small section out of the top of the egg carton. Paint the egg carton red. Allow to dry. It does not take them very long to dry.
2) Glue the window on.
3) For the wheels, clip all 4 corners and round. Glue on.
4) For the lights, clip all 4 corners and round. Glue on.
5) For the siren, clip the top 2 corners and round. Glue onto the top of the window.
6) For the ladder, cut the 1/2 inch strips to fit the length of the right side of the egg carton. Glue the 2 strips on slightly apart from each other. Glue on ladder rung strips.
There are 5 firemen coming tomorrow so we made 5 firetrucks. My students worked together as a table to make the firetrucks. We made them one step at a time and the students took turns cutting and gluing.