Monday, August 27, 2012

More Than Just "Sound it Out"

I have learned so much about teaching reading from Kimberly Gillow of Funky First Grade Fun and what I learned from her inspired me to read books about teaching reading all summer long. Recently Kimberly asked me to do a guest post on her blog and I was honored.


If you feel like you overuse the phrase "sound it out" with your little ones and you want to know more about other beginning prompts for young readers check out my guest post here. It is based on the book Catching Readers Before They Fall. I highly recommend this book to anyone who teaches reading.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thank you so much for doing a guest post on my blog! Your kind words mean a lot to me. So glad we could connect and work together!
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Mrs. Clancy said...

I loved your write up! I need to read this book. I think the information about sounding it out would be great to share at Back to School Night with parents! I will be rereading that post to take notes! Melissa

Anonymous said...

I wish to discuss a bit of great news to any or all person. I obtained a couple free prescription glasses on the internet.