Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ten Little Caterpillars

I found these fun caterpillars this week. Love them!! I am not exactly sure how these were created, but I can tell that paper squares were glued down to the egg carton and then painted over. They paper squares have a paper mache affect. I am sure they had to wait for the glue on the squares to dry before painting. Pipecleaners were added to make antenna. 



Based on the book Ten Little Caterpillars by Bill Martin, Jr.

I found these books while looking at different websites. They are also too cute!! Find out more about making them from Dutch Kids Crafts. 

6 comments:

Miss Trayers said...

So cute! It's these simple ideas I never think of on my own. Thanks so much for sharing!

NotJustChild'sPlay

Mrs. Anderson said...

Love the caterpillars! I'm going to have to get the book now. I haven't seen it before. Thanks for sharing!
Connie:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

Miss Brittany said...

This is great, we've been reading waiting for wings and the hungry caterpillar! The kids love this stuff!

applesandabcs said...

These are so cute! We are doing the Very Hungry Caterpillar this week! :)

Michelle

School Sparks Renee said...

I'll have to look for the Bill Martin book - it will be a nice follow-up to The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Thanks for sharing that. We had our kiddos paint directly on the cardboard egg cartons to make caterpillars. That worked well, also, and is one less step! Renee

Lori said...

Love the caterpillars and the book!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy