Sunday, April 15, 2012

Keep Calm.... and Read!!

"Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks."
Dr. Seuss

Abby wanted to go to Barnes and Nobel today and I never turn down a trip to the book store.... so here are a few of the great books I found while I was there....

a great read-aloud for grandparent's day or for how-to writing

a few inside pics I took....


more fun with Scaredy Squirrel

a great book for teaching a lesson on the seasons

a great book for teaching figurative language

a few inside pics I took....


a great book for transportation, good-night themes, and little boys
a few inside pics I took....


a great book for earth day

a few inside pics I took...


a great book for talking about difference and how we are all special in our own way

a great book for spring and a lesson involving kites (writing about a time they flew a kite, writing how-to fly kites, explaining why they like to or do not like to fly a kite, kite fractions, kite symmetry, a lesson on wind)

a great book for teaching letter writing

a great book for teaching about night and day, families, and spending more time with the people we love

a great gift for anyone who is graduating or beginning a new chapter in their life

a great book for your own child's teacher or a special teacher friend

a great book for teaching about insects

5 comments:

Mrs. Castro said...

Thanks for sharing! I always love finding new read alouds!
Laura
Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

~Maggie~ said...

Thanks for sharing! I've been searching for some cute Earth Day books. I picked up Michael Recycle yesterday. :)

Deedee Wills said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE City Dog and Country Frog. It always makes me want to cry.

I am going to add some of these others to my wish list! Thank you for the suggestions!

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Runmissnelsonsgotthecamera said...

Thanks for sharing. I LOVE books. I'm having a huge giveaway on my blog. 10 straight days. I have a really wonderful book that's just been released that I'll be giving away on Wednesday. It's signed too.
Michele
www.missnelsonsgotthecamera.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.