Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Book Junkie....

I worked in a classroom this morning and the teacher shared this new book with me. You know I can't resist a conversation when I hear the words "Have you seen this book?"

I love the use of speech bubbles in this book. What a great springboard for a writing lesson using this type of writing. Lerch's facial expressions are great for bringing up strong feeling words too.

Here is a little preview of some of the pages....



Don't you just LOVE it!!

Found this idea from In the Great Green Room. I love the tissue paper pebbles!!

Looking for a good book? I came across the blog Lyndi's Favorite Books today and loved it!!  The books she has listed that I already know about are all great books so I know she has good taste in reading ;-)What a great resource for finding new reads. The list includes picture books as well as chapter books. 

5 comments:

Michelle Tsivgadellis said...

This is a cute book...thanks for sharing!

Michelle

The 3AM Teacher

applesandabcs said...

The pebbles are so cute!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

Katie said...

Cute book! I'll have to check it out!
-Katie
Kindergarten Simplicity

Miss Trayers said...

I love that book too! We used it also to discuss how to solve the problem of a language barrier. I love when he speaks the language of the bubbles!

NotJustChild'sPlay

April Kreitzer Wolfe said...

Cute book!! You are it!! I am tagging you. Come over to my blog to find out more.

April
Wolfelicious