Thursday, March 29, 2012

Terrific Toucans

I visited my former teammates today. Their halls and rooms were full of animals and all that they have been learning about the rainforest. The toucans were my favorite!! Here they are. The bodies were made by clipping corners and rounding rectangles and squares. The beaks were pre-cut. Some were made from construction paper and some were made from paper plates.

Here is a fun toucan poem I found for a special Skype visit we had today with friends in Illinois.

Three Talking Toucans
Three talking toucans sitting in a tree
The first one turned & squawked at me!
Three little toucans sitting in a row
The second one said "I flap my wings,watch me go!"
Three little toucans sitting side by side
The third one said "my bright beak, I open wide!"



a few great toucan reads....

11 comments:

Lori said...

Such cute toucans!!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Angela said...

So cute! I also love the book "You Can, Toucan Math", it's math word problems.

Angela
The Daily Alphabet

Sarah Paul said...

Love these toucans! I teach the rainforest at the end of the year so I will definitely be making those. Thanks for sharing!
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Mrs. Tolbert said...

Love the toucans! thanks for the book ideas!
~Jada
Daisy Days for Learning

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

I am in love with those Toucans!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Jenerator said...

New follower...love your blog and can't wait to explore more!

Jen
jenerator_8@frontiernet.net

Mrs. Cupcake said...

CUTE Toucans!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Sharon said...

Cutie cutie cutie toucans!
Ms. McBee’s Kinderbugs

applesandabcs said...

Those birds are so cute!!!!!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

Lindsey said...

Love the toucans. So cute

Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things said...

Love LOVE these Toucans! We made our own version of them today. I mentioned I saw the idea here. :)

http://iheartcraftythings.blogspot.com/2012/05/toucan-craft.html