Thursday, March 22, 2012

Products of Texas

My good friend just did a lesson with her class on the agricultural products grown in Texas. This is the final product. I love it! Students drew their fruit or vegetable on manila paper and watercolored it or colored it with oil pastel crayons (the oil pastels are what made the colors so vivid). Then they added seeds, yarn, and glitter just for fun.

I have looked around for a good book on products of Texas, but I have not found one. The best  I could find is Tumbleweed Tom on the Texas Trail. The book takes the reader all over Texas and talks about various products, symbols, and events that happen or come from major cities around the state. While the book's focus is not on Texas products, it is a great read for a study of Texas.

She also made this mural based on the book Don't Eat the Bluebonnets by Ellen Leventhal.

1 comments:

Yessenia Torres Zhou said...

Hello (: I'm teaching in Hong Kong and getting so many ideas from your blog. Thanks for sharing this! I will make something similar with my kids.

Check out what my kids are saying (: