Thursday, March 22, 2012

National Poetry Month

April is National Poetry Month. Go to A Year of Reading to find GREAT ideas for having a Poetry Picnic!

You will find fun ideas for list poetry, tag poetry on the Kindle, origami poetry, shape poetry, and poetry splatter on the Smartboard. My favorite idea is the poetry placemats and food poems!! YUM!
A Poetry Picnic would be a great activity for a whole grade level or an entire school. Check out the blog Library Voices for a few more poetry picnic ideas.

6 comments:

applesandabcs said...

I love poetry! Thanks for posting this!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

School Sparks Renee said...

Mrs. Larremore - I have my heart in Kindergarten, also! What a great age to teach. My students always enjoyed poetry and I loved to pick up a poetry book at any spare moment and read to my kids. Thanks for the picnic idea.

Erica said...

Yay! I love teaching poetry and this is a great addition to my materials. :)

Erica

Sprinkles to Kindergarten

Katie said...

I need to get more into poetry! It is not a strong area for me as a teacher. Maybe because I didn't enjoy it as a child. Thank you for posting this.

Katie
Kindergarten Simplicity

Miss Trayers said...

I love this idea! We use poetry daily in our class, the kids love it. We are definitely going to do a poetry picnic this year--how cute! Thanks for sharing!

http://notjustchildsplay.blogspot.com/

Miss DeCarbo said...

Love the poetry place mat idea! :) Too cute!

Second Grade Sugar and Spice