Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm Lovin' This Idea!

Funky First Grade Fun has opened a newsstand in her classroom and her students are lovin' in! Kimberly filled a bucket full of different types of magazines for her first graders. For starters, she is using it as a good behavior incentive and for free reading time. In a few weeks as the new wears off, she is going to change its use up a bit. What a fun new way to encourage reading. Start collecting those magazines now!!
Ways to get magazines....
Ask your school librarian if you can have extra or outdated copies of magazines, ask parents or friends to send in magazines their children are no longer using at home, ask your principal, PTA, or parents to purchase a magazine subscription for your class, use Donors Choose, etc.

Great magazines for kids....










5 comments:

Erica said...

I did this when I taught second grade. Magazines a great resource for children. :)

Erica

Sprinkles to Kindergarten

Lee Ann said...

I used magazines when I taught full-time. I just saved my children's magazines when they were younger. Students enjoy reading them because the articles are shorter to read than books.

Mrs. Cupcake said...

I saw and loved this idea too!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Monica said...

Hi, April.

My kiddos love reading my old Zoobooks (my mom actually saved them).

I have awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award. Come on over to my blog to check it out :)

Monica
Treasures for Teaching

Sue said...

That's a great idea!

Sue
theverybusykindergarten