Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Favorite Pins for the Weekend

My favorite posts from today....

From Squyres' Special Class: Have a "CrunCHy MunCHy Party" to help kids learn the "CH" sound!

Birds, Birds, and More Birds.... from StrongStart
I first found this pin. Making an "I Wonder" statement to get the kids thinking. Stephanie Harvey talks about "I Wonder" statements in her Primary Comprehension Toolkit. This is a great resource to help you design comprehension strategy lessons for use with informational text. I like this idea to prompt students to think and discuss various things they are learning about.
When checking out this pin, I found several other posts from StrongStart with great ideas for learning about birds.Check out these other ideas on bird coverings, edible nests, and what birds eat.  

From Kindergarten and Mooneyisms: Slap Words! I love this simple word wall game. Put sight words on different colored sheets of tag board.  Lay the words cards on top of the table face up.  Call out a word. The person to find it first slaps their hand down on top of the card, then takes the card and puts it to the side in "their pile".  The person with the most words wins!

From My Second Home:  A Hanging Word Wall

From First Grade Gallery: Abe Lincoln's Beard. These are too cute!

 This is from Deanna's Wild Thing Unit on TPT.

For cute clipart to go with Clifford, Dr. Seuss, and Where the Wild Things Are... 

From Bishop's Blackboard: Math About Me! Get the students thinking about how they use numbers, both big and small, in their everyday lives. Have students create a poster all about themselves using only numbers. They can write their house number, their birthday in number form, their age and ways to add it, their favorite number, and how many people are in their family. 

From Elementary Organization: Computer Login Cards Make logging in during center or station time easier with this management tool.
From Little Priorities: Persuasive Writing using the book Hey, Little Ant


Mrs. Miner said...

April, I love this idea of gathering all of your favorite finds out there in blog land! I just happened upon the Abes today, too! I love anything with their pics anyway. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Mrs.Miner’s Monkey Business

Jeannie Partin said...

I love how you found all these great posts and included them in one spot - thanks!
I love your blog! I'd love for you to come visit me too if you like :0)

­Kindergarten Lifestyle

Kindergarten Lifestyle Facebook Fan Page

LYNDSEY said...

All of those ideas are AWESOME! Thanks for sharing! Your blog is wonderful. You are full of amazing ideas.


A Year of Many Firsts

Krissy Sherman Bonning said...

Thanks for sharing my Rainbow Hand Print idea, April! I'm so excited to have found your blog. I'm a happy new follower. :)

Ms. Ellen said...

Your blog is fantastic! What an awesome idea for the computer log in cards! I have always struggled with my AR logins for the students and this is a great idea for that! Thank you for sharing and I look forward to visiting you again! :)

Mathew said...

Thank you very much for this useful information.

Thanks for this great information.


Diane said...

What a great idea to put all your favorite bloggy things in one post! You might have started something here! I'm your newest follower. Hope you can stop by and take a look at my new blog. Found your blog through Pinterest!