Friday, February 3, 2012

Magnetic Spinners

Last night, I was finally able to get a few free minutes to start watching The Virtual Expo: Everything's Kindergarten. I am not done watching all of the presentations yet, but I am really enjoying it so far. Fran, from Kindergarten Crayons, talked about these great magnetic spinners that I had to blog about. They are called Educational Insights SpinZone Magnetic Whiteboard Spinners and you can purchase them from Amazon.(Theie price is cheaper than Really Good Stuff).
These spinners instantly turn your magnetic whiteboard into an interactive game board with three jumbo spinners.Draw a circle, write in content, attach a spinner, and play. Since you create the spinner board yourself, you can use it to practice letters, sounds, sight words, story retelling, numbers, math concepts, etc. Thanks Fran for sharing about this great teaching tool!!

6 comments:

Freckleteacher said...

Hi April! I watched Fran's presenatation too and was on the lookout for the spinners. I found them at my local Teacher's Store for $19.99

Can't wait to use them! I'd love some ideas on what other teachers will do with them...what will you do?

Thanks for having me on your blog roll. I get a lot of visits because of you! :)

Tanya Solano said...

Aaaaah, LOVE the spinners too! I would also like to hear how others will use them. I came up with these so far:

1. choosing the helper of the day
2. choosing the music & movement song
3. how many sentences need to be written in journal

Hmmm, I'll keep thinking about this.

❤Tanya
Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

Kathleen said...

I have these spinners too! They are great! They were on my list to blog about, but you (and Fran!) beat me to it! I have a little foldable magnetic board that I use too - I'll have to snap some pics and blog about that! :)

Mrs. Cupcake said...

I love these, they're awesome!
❤Teri

A Cupcake for the Teacher

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

I think I might need those! Wish I had a magnetic white board to go with them!! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Crayons and Curls said...

Wish my whiteboard was magnetic! Love these! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls