Friday, February 3, 2012

I've Been Tagged!

Thanks to all of you who tagged me wanting to know more about me. Sorry it has taken so long to respond. Since I have been tagged by several people, I took the questions from the last person who tagged me, so here goes....
According to game rules.... the person tagged tells 12 things about herself, answers 12 questions asked by the previous tagger, and then comes up with 12 questions to ask the new tagees! 
12 Things About Me....
1) I love Salted Carmel Mocha's from Starbucks. I spend lots of time at Starbucks studying, researching, and writing papers.
 2) There is nothing I had rather do than read. I love to read all kinds of books and I collect children's books.

3) I love to watch movies. I go to them, rent them, and watch them on tv. I love all kinds of movies. The Movie Tavern in downtown Fort Worth is my favorite theater. 

4) I love listening to music. I work to music, write to music, study to music, and play it in my classroom.
5) I love to take hot baths. I have to take one every night before going to bed!! I wish this was my bathtub!

6) I love flavored ice tea. Pei Wei's orange tea is great and the Brass Bean by my campus has an apricot tea I love too. 
7) My favorite pastime is walking around Barnes and Nobel and reading the backs of the books on the shelves.
8) Baskin Robbins is my favorite ice cream place. 

9) Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory are two of my favorite shows. 

10) I think babysitting my nephews is the best!! Here I am with one of my super hero nephew BFH.
11) I am a proud of all of my kids especially my 19 year old in her first year at UT. Hookem' Horns!

12) I am a graduate student at UNT. I am waiting for the date for my oral exams and then onto writing my dissertation. 
Now... on to answering questions about myself....

1.) What is your favorite thing to teach? 
Kindergarten!! I love my little kinder kids. I love teaching them math, reading, science, and social studies!!  
2.) What is your favorite meal to cook?
Anything Mexican!! I have a great recipe of chicken enchiladas!! It is one of my favorites!

3.) What is your favorite Pinterest board?
I love my literacy, math, and science boards. So many good ideas there that I have found from others.

4.) What is one show you hate to admit you watch?
I am a closet 90210 fan... the old one and yes.... the new one!! I am more than twice the age of all of those kids on the show and the storylines are crazy....but I can't quit watching it!!  
5.)  What is your favorite teaching story or funny kid story?  
My favorite teaching story is that one year for Christmas I was given hygiene products as a gift.... including tampons and pads. That is quite the gift to open in front of all your friends and students. lol. 
6.) What is your favorite book?  (not children's book)
This question is worse than choosing a favorite movie!! I love to read more than anything. A few of my favorites are The Time Traveler's Wife, Water for Elephants, A Thousand Splendid Sons, The Kite Runner, and anything by Meg Cabot!  
7.) What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
Birthday breakfast. It's a family tradition. Instead of birthday dinners, we always do birthday breakfast. Even if its a school day, we all get up early and have breakfast together. 

8.) What is your favorite restaurant?
While there are tons of places I love to eat out, I always consider PF Changs a favorite!!

9.) Where do you want to go on vacation?
Vacation?? What's that?? I have been taking a full load in grad school for the last 4 years. I finished my masters in a year and a half and went straight to work on my doctorate. I am finally almost to the dissertation phase and hope to get to vacation again one day soon. 

10.) What products could you NOT do without?
As far as the classroom goes.... Zoophonics, Heidisongs Sight Word CDs, Dr. Jean CD's, and "Boo Boo" tape 

11.) What is your favorite thing about teaching?  What is your pet peeve about teaching?
My favorite thing about teaching is seeing kids learn and make connections with what I am teaching. I also love to see them having fun while they learn. My pet peeve is all the paperwork, politics, and rules that get placed on teachers.  
12.)  What is your favorite movie?
I love movies!! All kinds!! You've Got Mail has always been a favorite, but I love too many to be able to narrow it down.  

Now onto my questions....

1) Tell us about your family.


2) What is your favorite song or CD to use in your classroom?


3) What is your favorite children's book?


4) What is your favorite part of your job?


5) What are your must-have teaching resources?


6) What is your favorite tv show?


7) What is your favorite thing to drink?


8) What kind of music do you listen to?


9) What is your favorite thing to do with your family?


10) Name a tv show you watch, but hate to admit to.


11) What is your favorite unit or concept to teach to your kiddos and why?


12) What are your hobbies?


Now... here's who I am tagging....







Mrs. Clancy from Joyful Learning in KC


Joyful Learning in KC


The Moffatt Girls







Mrs. Williamson from Welcome to Room 36!

Photobucket








Teach It With Class

 Mrs. Shaw from Learning Adventures

5 comments:

Randi said...

Oooh my blog button! I get excessively excited every time I see it because it's still so new! Thank you! I loved your pictures that you took the time to add...Unfortunately they made me hungry :(


Randi @ Teach It With Class
My TPT Store
My Facebook Page

Hadar said...

April! Thanks for tagging me!!! I posted my tagged post, although I didn't follow the rules AT ALL! I love 90210 too! Guilty pleasure! P.S. I just emailed you a ton of stuff! woohoo!

Hadar :)

Kerri said...

I love 90210 the old version. I am sad that I don't have any channels that still show it. My sister gets the soap network and they show the old school ones. I use to watch the newer version but I can't convince my fiance it's worth watching. I thought it was funny that they basically recycled the story lines from the 90s version. I enjoyed getting to know a little more about you. You were one of the first blogs I discovered that got me hooked.
http://mskerriandherkrazykindergarten.blogspot.com/

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Salted Caramel!! I love it too...must remember to order it more often :)

Annie Moffatt said...

April...Thanks for tagging us:) Oh my gosh....I was laughing so hard at your #5!! I would have blushed so much. What was that student thinking? Funny. Too funny!