Monday, January 9, 2012

Winter Acrostic Poem

I worked with a teacher today who is focusing on poetry in her classroom. Today, we learned about acrostic poems. As a whole class we wrote a winter acrostic poem. I played around with several words before choosing winter. I tried snow, snowman, and snowstorm, but honestly I had a little trouble coming up with a word for the letter "o" so I thought the kids may have a lot of trouble with that too. We did the poem as an interactive writing lesson and then we made TLC snowmen to go with it.

6 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Super cute! Love it!! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Sarah Paul said...

Cute! I love the acrostic poem. :)
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Mrs. Cupcake said...

I love to do acrostic poems with my kiddos! Cute idea!

A Cupcake for the Teacher

ROBLOX Source said...

stealing the winter acrostic idea. Its simple and profound. My class gets a big giant kick out of things like that. Thanks for the great idea!

Reagan Tunstall said...

oops! That was me but I didn't notice my son was signed in! Ro blox is not stealing your great idea! I am!

Randi said...

These little darlings are too cute!


Randi @ Teach It With Class
My TPT Store
My Facebook Page