Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rainbow Snowmen

I love these rainbow snowmen done by the kids in Julie Lee's kindergarten class. If you do not have scrapbook paper or do not want to buy any, you you could give the kids all different colors of solid construction paper to use instead. You could also let them add different colored buttons like I did on my glyph snowmen.
You could have students write their own color poems to go with them snowmen or you could write one as a class. For example, Red as a...., Blue as a.... or My snowman has a red ___, My Snowman has a blue ___ or My snowman's head is (insert a color word), My snowman's scarf is (insert a color word), etc. Younger writers could fill in a single word on each line while older ones can write most or all of the text. 

Display a copy of the rainbow poem mounted on colored paper. Then hang all of the colorful snowmen along with the student's writing around the rainbow poem.

7 comments:

Lisa at Stories From Second said...

Oh my gosh, this is precious!
Lisa
Stories From Second

Lori said...

Lovin' all the different snowmen!

Tarra Mackelson said...

Love the Rainbow Snowmen! How colourful and creative!

Tarra
www.chalkboardchitchat.blogspot.com

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Love these snowmen!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Wolfelicious said...

So cute!

Julie said...

How precious of you to mention my little blog! Thanks girl! :)

Alissa said...

Hi, I am a follower of your blog. I am doing the rounds spreading the Pinterest love at the moment. I've just put a link on my site to add your latest teaching ideas and discoveries from Pinterest if you are interested. Either link up your pinterest board or a post about your current faves.
You can find it here, From Mrs C @ Excuse Me! Mrs. C