Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Project Groundhog 2012

Project Groundhog was always one of my favorite projects of the school year. Registration has just opened for 2012, so I wanted to make sure that all of you knew about it.


Project Groundhog is about finding out if the groundhog is really a good predictor of the weather or not. For the six weeks following Groundhog's Day, you record the daily temperature and sky conditions in your area. The information is collected and shared weekly with the classes in your group via email and the Project Groundhog website.


My students always loved learning about the other classes in our group. We used big floor maps to find their location. We learned about each group's community, and shared various pictures and projects along the way.
 
Registration is now open for 2012. To learn more about the project or to register, click here.

9 comments:

Lisa Howard said...

How cool! I just love this idea. If you have a moment, come check out what's new at my blog too :-)

- Lisa
a teachers bag of tricks

Jessica said...

Just signed up! My kiddos are going to love this..thanks for sharing!

Jessica
The Littlest Scholars

Camille said...

Thank you for sharing! I just signed my class up and am on a team with other of your followers. Too fun!!!
Camille
An Open Door

Clutter-Free Classroom said...

Looks like fun! Thanks for sharing.

❤Jodi from...
★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
Helping Teachers Get Organized

Sarah said...

Totally just joined! Thanks for sharing!! Off to share w/ my other Teacher Friends!! sweet!

Terri said...

I have been part of this project for years. Love it!! Thanks for posting....I don't have a blog and didn't know how to spread the word. Maybe I should fix that. How do I start a blog?

English Lesson Plans said...

Lovely work and really its a nice idea.

Mrs. Larremore said...

Terri,
Go to Blogger.com. It tells you how to set up a blog for free.

johnpeterjohn said...

it is too good :)
cool math 4 kids