Monday, January 16, 2012

The Mitten

With the winter season in full swing, its time for some mitten fun! There are so many great ideas for ways to incorporate Jan Brett's version of The Mitten into your classroom. Check out Kindergarten Rocks cute retell in the post The Mitten. You will also find the cutest clipart for the mitten from KPM Doodles. If you do something fun with The Mitten have have posted about it, leave a comment below :)




 

Go to my post Marvelous Mitten Madness for a few of my ideas. 

7 comments:

Mrs. Shaw said...

We read The Mitten this past week. We made text to self connections by writing/illustrating a time we lost something on a white construction paper mitten. Here's my post:

http://shawskindercrew.blogspot.com/2012/01/making-connections-with-mitten.html

We Teach Like A Rockstar said...

Thanks for posting about my post. I appreciate it! Hope things are better...why do we (men & women) have to be wired so differently? URGGG! Amber

Mrs. Larremore said...

Love the idea. Thanks for sharing :)

Mary said...

http://sharingkindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/01/mitten-by-jan-brett-ideas.html

I just collected some mitten ideas I found too! I will be adding yours to the list. I am loving that clipart!!! Too bad I already taught this story this year.

Kreative in Kinder said...

Kristen with KPM Doodles is amazing. I LOVE her clipart!

<>< Crystal

Coloring Pages said...

The best way to develop creativity in children is to engage them in activities that are closely associated with creative thinking. Cute Gifts Coloring Pages is one way that keeps your child busy and entertained. There are a variety of Cute coloring pages with pictures that your child want to paint. The child will be glued on the computer for a good number of time.

Mrs. Larremore said...

Great links Mary!