Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Froggy Gets Dressed

Last week, Reagan from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits, posted her Winter Art and Writing Unit and I instantly fell in love with her Valentine Froggy art project. I needed to teach a winter writing lesson this week, so I decided to modify the project to go with the book Froggy Gets Dressed (Which I love because when my oldest daughter was 3 and they read the book in her pre-k class, she pulled up her dress and made sure everyone in her class knew that she did NOT forget her underwear. lol). Anyway.....  We read the book Froggy Gets Dressed. Since Froggy spent so much time trying to get dressed that he never got to play outside, we decided to brainstorm a list of things Froggy could have done if he had stayed inside. The students had their own dry erase boards as we "shared the pen" to create the list. Then we made Froggy :)

Check out Reagan's post here and the unit on TPT here. The unit contains fun writing and art projects for Tacky the Penguin, The Emperor's Egg, MLK, Froggy's First Kiss, George Washington, and a torn paper snowman project. The patterns are easy to use and so cute!!
I had to leave to get to another campus, so I didn't get the chance to put the bulletin board together with all of the Froggy's before I left.

Here is Madison when she was 3 and in pre-k. Now she is 18 and a college freshman. Wow... how time flies!!


laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Love those frogs!! SOOO cute!
First Grade Blue SKies

Reagan Tunstall said...

April are you serious? I am so excited! I was thinking oh hey someone likes froggy as much as I do...I can't wait to see...! How awesome are you!!!???
Couldn't love your Longhorn self anymore than I already do!

Randi said...

This is adorable. It's nice to see something new this time of year!

Randi @ Teach It With Class
My TPT Store
My Facebook Page

Mrs. Larremore said...

Reagan... thanks for that. I needed a little extra love today :)

Barbara said...

That's very sweet. I love your idea.
Grade ONEderful

Christina Bainbridge said...

I just found your blog... love it. I am your newest follower!

Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

Tarra Mackelson said...

Hi April!

I am a grade 1 teacher in Canada and love your blog! I check it everyday! I have used and shared many of your ideas! You are one of the reasons I wanted to start my own blog! You are an inspiration!



Mrs. Larremore said...

Thanks Tarra. Your words made my day!! :) I just added your blog to my blog roll.

Sharon Dudley said...

I totally know what you mean about children growing up fast! I can remember when my daughter helped me sort M&M's when she was 5, and now she's 21 and in college. I also share your dream of working at the university level teaching early childhood teachers. If you ever need ideas for visually impaired students, please keep me in mind. I'm a blind pre-k teacher.

Sharon Dudley, NBCT