Friday, December 2, 2011

Reindeer Fun!

Jennifer from First Grade Blue Skies has posted the patterns and instructions for her reindeer glyph. This unit is only $2.50 and it contains a lot more than just the glyph idea. If you are not interested in doing the glyph, your kids could still make the reindeer as a literature response to a reindeer read aloud such as The Wild Christmas Reindeer or Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Students could write about their favorite parts of the story, tell which reindeer they liked best and why, compare fictional reindeer characters with non-fiction reindeer facts, etc. You could create a large class Venn Diagram and display the reindeer all around it.
 
Kim Adsit has a fun reindeer unit that you may want to check out too!! It has lots of reindeer reading and math fun in it!!


I emailed Jennifer (First Grade Blue Skies) about her cute Santa bulletin board and she agreed to post a pattern freebie for it this weekend. So be on the lookout for it!!

4 comments:

Reagan Tunstall said...

Love your post! Today is reindeer day in my room! We are going to read The Wild Christmas Reindeer and I found a cute packet on that book on TPT...I can't remember who I bought it from since I went crazy on cyber Monday!!! I am excited to do some art! Happy Friday!

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'll get that pattern done today! =)
Hope you have a great Friday! (IT IS FRIDAY!!!!! YEAHHH!!!)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Hi April! I did it last night...let me know if the directions give you any trouble =)
http://firstgradeblueskies.blogspot.com/2011/12/torn-paper-santas.html

Mrs. Larremore said...

Thanks Jennifer!! You are the BEST!!