Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Few Great Pins.....

Celebrating Martin Luther King
This idea came from Chris Smith. Have students dictate or write about what they want to be when they grow up. Take their photograph dressed as that profession. Develop the pictures in black and white and mount them on black construction paper.

Sparkly "E"
This idea came from Fun in First Grade. Sparkly "E" shows up and is so beautiful that the other vowel in the word wants to introduce itself by saying its name.Check out the post for all of the details on using Sparkly "E" with your students.
Super Spelling Slippers
I love this idea from Funky First Grade Fun! Make spelling tests super fun with Fancy Nancy and slippers. Read about all the details in the post Super Spelling Slippers.

Classroom Timeline
Check out Eve's blog Science Notebooking to find out more about her classroom timeline.

11 comments:

Reagan Tunstall said...

You are such an encourager! Thanks for the great ideas!
Reagan

A Teacher's Treasure said...

I LOVE the "live" timeline! Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Happy Holidays!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

Mrs. Cupcake said...

I love the Sparkly E song! I'll be singing it often :)

A Cupcake for the Teacher

Sue said...

thanks for sharing, April....I love the timeline idea
:)Sue
theverybusykindergarten

Louanne said...

Thanks for sharing - so many great ideas! :)
My Kindergarten Kids

Jodi said...

Thanks for sharing my Sparkly E poem :)

Jodi
fun-in-first.blogspot.com

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

I can't wait to sing the Sparkly E song! Thanks!!

Sara
Kindergarten Is A Hoot

theclassroomconsultant said...

Your blog says you were born to be an educator!

Think about adding some new technology to your classroom, Its an opportunity to improve the learning environment within your classroom.

A Multi-touch Interactive Whiteboard can really make the classroom a fun place to be, and there’s a whole lot more benefits where that came from…

Katie and Steve said...

I love this idea! I wish I would have started it this year...There's always next year!

Thanks for sharing.

Katie
TwoCanDoIt.Blogspot.com

Kreative in Kinder said...

LOVE sparkly E!! My life just wouldn't be the same without you fantabulous blog!
<>< Crystal