Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Around the World

I have so much going on with work and writing these days, that I am so behind on checking out blogs and posting about anything I have been doing. I hate missing out on all of the great things people are doing in their classrooms!! I found a few minutes yesterday to look at a couple of things and I found these Christmas around the world ideas I really liked.

I love Michelle's (Musings of Me) Holiday Celebrations Around the World Keepsake Book!! The unit contains 16 crafts for 14 different countries. Even if you are not interested in completing the entire book or if you do not have time to do all of the countries, you could easily pick and choose individual ones to do. The crafts are easy to do on single sheets of construction paper.

Here is a sample of the unit. 

The bulletin board below is one that I created, but this is an example of what I mean when I say you could do the crafts on individual sheets of construction paper and then do some shared or interactive writing to go with them.

Michelle also has The Tale of Christmas and Holiday Fun which would make great keepsake books for parents for Christmas. The Tale of Christmas tells the story of baby Jesus' birth. If you study this as part of your Christmas Around the World celebration, you could have students work together to make pages (so that you only create one) and create a flow map using them. 



Another Christmas Around the World unit that you may want to check out is Kim Jordano's unit on TPT. She has posted a unit which contains all of the patterns for the Christmas Around the World ideas she has on her website. The unit contains ideas for 6 different countries.You can go to her website to check out more pictures. 

One last post that I found yesterday that you may want to check out is Michelle's Christmas read aloud list. She has listed a Christmas story to go with each letter of the alphabet. You could place all of the books in a big bucket and read them in ABC order over the days you have left until your break.

To see what I do in my classroom for Christmas Around the World go here.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks, April! I hope you enjoy the holiday season :-)

g-girl said...

hi there. just wanted to let you know that it's las posadas..it isn't masculine. :)