Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Alphabet

I love Michelle's idea of making a Christmas alphabet. If time is getting away from you and you do not feel like you can do something like this with your class before your Christmas break, you might consider doing the same thing with winter.

If I was doing this with my class, I would start by brainstorming a Christmas alphabet list with my students. Then each day, we would read a picture book connected to the letter for the day and I would work with a small group to make that letter. I would string the letters across the room from a clothesline, adding a new letter each day. You could adapt this same idea and make a winter alphabet if you do not have enough time to do it this month.

Here are pictures of Michelle's first three letters....

Be sure to follow Michelle at Musings of Me to keep up with what she is doing with her letters. You can find her Christmas Book list post here.

1 comments:

Jen R. (The Teachers' Cauldron) said...

I love these - these are too cute!