Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Then and Now Venn Diagram

I read the book Pilgrims of Plymouth this week and used a Venn Diagram to help students make comparisons between the Pilgrims then and us now. To save time, I typed up all of the ideas from the book in advance. I had students recall what we had read in the text and the information we discussed. As they named the different ideas, I pulled them from my pile and had them glue them where they went on the Venn. If anyone gave an idea that did not come from the text, then I referred them back to the text and we checked to see if it was there. I tried to keep our discussion text focused. Any ideas that they were unable to think of on their own, even with guided discussion, we did not use.
Then and Non Venn Words

Then and Now Venn Titles

16 comments:

melismama said...

LOVE IT! I will be using in our homeschool over the next few weeks and besure to link back to you! Thanks!

Mrs. Ann Greene said...

Love! Love! Love this! Thank you so much for sharing! You are awesome!!!!

Pam and Jess said...

This is great! Thanks so much!
Pam@Kindergarten Night Owls

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing! This will fit right in with our Thanksgiving unit.

Busy Bees said...

I am SOOOOOO excited. We are doing this book tomorrow. We read Sarah Morton's Day today and the kids loved comparing girls today with Sarah. This will work perfect for an extension of this book!!
Robynn
BusyBees

Amy said...

OMG! Thanks so much for sharing! I was just looking for this kind of stuff today to use next week. Don't you just LOVE those National Geographic books?!?! They are my favorite!

Amy
firstgradepandamonium.blogspot.com

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

This is awesome!! Thank you!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Andi said...

I LOVE you so much right now!
Making this was on my l-o-n-g 'To Do' List and now I don't have to!!!!!
Thank you so much,
Andi

Sarah Paul said...

Love this! Thank you:)

http://snippetsbysarah.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

How great! Love the ideas. Thank you for sharing. Such a timesaver. Your awesome!!

melismama said...

I linked back to you in my post today!

http://just-starting-out.blogspot.com/2011/11/pilgrims.html

The kids loved it! Thanks

Mrs. Richardson said...

I have tried posting several times. Not sure why it isn't working. I am unable to download your freebies from Scribd. I have tried multiple computers, too. They all download as a blur.

Mrs. Larremore said...

I think you need to download the most current version of Adobe Reader. I think that will fix the problem. If you are unable to do that or it does not solve it, you can email me and I will send it that way.

Mrs. Parker said...

Is it possible to make this a Google doc instead? Scribd says that to download, you must be a premium member. Thanks.

Mrs. Larremore said...

Mrs. Parker,

Email me and I will send it to you. April.Larremore@gpisd.org :)

CGrek12 said...

I am not able to download this without paying for a membership, could I have it emailed to me?

cgrek@newerachristian.org

Thanks!