Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun

I recently came into contact with award winning author, Maria Dismondy. Maria is known for her books  Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun and The Juice Box Bully. She was kind enough to share her book Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun with me and I wanted to share it with you.
Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun is a great story for talking about bullying with your students. The story shows a little girl who is afraid to tell the teacher she is being bullied because she does not want to be a tattletale. It also shows how she makes a decision to help out the child bullying her rather than be mean back. The story is simple and easy for young children to follow. It is realistic in showing how students are bullied, how bullying  makes one feel, and why children do not want to tell anyone about it. The way the young girl in the story decides to help the bully instead of hurt him back is a great message for all children.

You can learn more about Maria and her books from her website.
Maria's newest book Pink Tiara Cookies for Three is set for release in January 2012.
Maria was kind enough to send me two autographed copies of her book, so I want to give one copy away to one of you. To enter the giveaway, simply go to Maria's website and check it out, then leave a comment saying you did so with your name and email. The giveaway will end Friday, November 18th at midnight.

20 comments:

Candy Foster said...

I've visited her site.
Candy
crbc2000 at hotmail dot com

Mrs. Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Davis said...

I visited her adorable site! :) Love all the books!

Kim @ carriedawaykindergarten.blogspot.com

ka_davis710@yahoo.com

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

What an amazing author!! I love that she has so many options to visit your students.

Thank you so much for sharing :)

TeachinginHeels@gmail.com

Keys4Education said...

I visited Maria's website. She is a fabulous author. I love her books!

Jennifer
jennkeys @ gmail . com

Mrs. D said...

I checked out Maria's site! Her books look fantastic. Thanks for introducing me to a new author! :)

Pam and Jess said...

I checked out Maria's site. Her books look terrific. I am going to share them with our guidance counselor too!
Pam@Kindergarten Night Owls

Crayons and Curls said...

Thanks for sharing this author with everyone! Her books look amazing! :)
Cheryl
cener(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Holly said...

I do believe a teacher-friend of mine is good friends of hers...could be wrong, but I think I'm right. LOVE her book(s). Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to win one!!!!

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Anonymous said...

I visited the site and look forward to sharing this with my K Team. Thanks!
Shari
shari.mcadams@comcast.net

Julie in Korea said...

I checked out Maria's site! I live in Michigan by her as well! :) jglowski@emich.edu

~Maggie~ said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to check out all her books! They look great!

Love from Texas!
-Maggie
maggie_coggin@yahoo.com

Miss Amanda said...

What a great way to teach kids about bullying! I love the books and am looking around to get my hands on one!
-Amanda
littleadventurespreschool@gmail.com

AmandaB said...

Looks like a great book and she has some neat programs that she offers! Thanks for introducing us! I visited her site.

Rachel Cross said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Cross said...

I visited her site! Thank you for sharing; these look like great books and I love the illustrations!

rlc709@gmail.com

Miss Ullmer said...

Wow! She has some great ideas on her blog as well! I would love to win a book as well! Thank you for sharing such great book ideas, I can't wait to share them with my students.

Danielle DuBois said...

Loved her site. Great message.

Dsd3781@gmail.com

Danielle

Kellie Conklin said...

I visited her site! I love that she does virtual visits and has a lot of information about herself on the site! Thanks!
kconklin1028@gmail.com

Justin said...

On the off chance that you have found the ideal utilized vehicle at an utilized auto dealership then the odds are that the dealership will attempt to inspire you to take out money exhaustive them. Realize that the genuine dealership is not giving you the account. Cash Advance