Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Scarecrows

This week I came across a couple of teachers who were making shape scarecrows with their class. They were studying 2-D shapes in math, so they connected their math lesson with scarecrows for fall.

Here is one version. For ELA, the students described their scarecrow using shape and color words.

Here is an example from another class...

Here are a few other scarecrow ideas that you could turn into shape lessons....
I am sorry, but I do not remember where I found all of these ideas. If you see one that is yours, post a comment and let us know :)
The art teacher at my school did these with all of the kindergarten students.
 
  
I did these scarecrows with my class several years ago. They came from TLC Lessons. 

These scarecrows were made by a teammate a few years ago. They came from makinglearningfun.com

2 comments:

RainbowsWithinReach said...

LUV LUV LUV LUV the various scarecrows, the slightly different lessons that they reinforce.

I 'found' your blog because you've found mine. I saw some visits that came to me from your blog and I see that you've listed me in your blogroll!!!!! I am so honored!!!!

I have so much to learn about blogging, but I finally realize the significance of the blog roll.

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

Debbie Clement
RainbowsWithinReach.blogspot

***Some day I'll grasp the code to imbed my blog address in the signature. When that happens I'll have a party!!! LOL

Mrs. Larremore said...

Thanks! I am so glad I found your blog too!!