Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween Alphabet Song and a Few Other Ideas....

Just found out about this Halloween Alphabet Song. Thought it might inspire some spooky read alouds and a spooky class generated alphabet. What a fun class book that would make!!


a couple of other October ideas...

Use with Bob Barner's book Dem Bones (I am sorry, but I do not know where this idea came from)

From The First Grade Parade
Based on the book Skeleton Hiccups

From Life in First Grade
The Night Before Halloween would be a fun read aloud to go with this activity. 

More of Frank from Artsy T's

Hap Palmer's Witches Brew- My all time favorite Hap Palmer song!! We make a circle like a big cauldron. We sing the song and pretend to add all the items to the pot as we sing.

Based on the book Where's My Mummy

From Deanna Jump and based on the same book

Costume Parade - A fun class book that I always make after Halloween. This idea came from Shari Sloane. Students bring in pictures of themselves in their costumes after Halloween. I add pages as pictures come in.


Halloween Book Countdown from Brown Paper Packages - 31 spooky Halloween picture books to read aloud to your class everyday throughout the month of October

From A Place Called Kindergarten and based on the book Pumpkin Heads

Pumpkin Brace Maps (These are from my students)

Based on Miss Spider's Tea Party (also from my class)

From Jessica Nieves at Florence Hill. Brace maps based on the book The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything

From Amanda Borowczak - Flow map based on the book Pumpkin Cat

Bat Measurement. This picture came from my class, but the idea came from Kim Jordano. 

10 comments:

Rachelle said...

We do skeleton q-tips too! :)



Love all of the Halloween/Fall ideas! Thanks April!
-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Reagan Tunstall said...

Thanks for the compilation of ideas! Love it!

Miss Brittany said...

Love the Skeletons, I can't to try it out!

JoAnna said...

I LOVE your blog and appreciate all of the wonderful ideas. Do you have some sort of pattern or directions for the measuring bat? Thank you so much for all you do and share!

Mrs. Larremore said...

JoAnna,

Please email me and I will send you the measurement sheet and the bat pattern.

april.larremore@gpisd.org

j said...

You have a beautiful blog here, very bright and inspiring. I'm going to show it to my friend who wants to teach her child at home.
Thank you http://www.excitingifts.com/

best for halloween said...

Scary House
http://bestforhalloween.com
Horror and Halloween Link Directory. Add your site for free. Horror authors, Halloween props, Halloween sound, Halloween costumes, Haunted houses, all horror related sites are welcome to join.Scary House

Lauren Carvajal said...

I love all of the ideas! I have done the Q-tip skeleton. They always turn out really cute :)

Doni Coonts said...

I would love a copy of the bat measurement sheet. Is there a place that I can find it?

April Larremore said...

Doni- email me. I will see if I can find an electronic copy.
April.larremore@gmail.com