Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Few Fall Finds....

I was out running errands yesterday and I came across a few fun fall finds and I wanted to share them with everyone. A few things for your room and a few great read alouds.....

I found these items from Mardel, a teacher store in my area.
I thought this was the cutest candy corn border. It would go great with a candy corn measuring activity. If you don't have a bulletin board it could go on, I thought you could cut the candy corns out and label them with letters, numbers, or words to create some kind of center game out of them. Kids could pattern with them as well. 

I have seen a lot of people hanging colored paper lanterns in their classroom this year. Here are some some fall leaf and pumpkin ones. 

I just thought these were neat looking fall leaves. They had small and large versions of them. 
Here are a few books I found on display at Barnes and Nobel that looked like good read alouds....
This book is patterned after the rhyme Over in the Meadow. The words and pictures are very cute if you like to do a few spooky things for the month of October. 


If you read aloud a few pages or a chapter a day from a chapter book to your class, these might be great October choices for you...



I ended my day with a TCU upset :) but I did it with good friends, so it was still a much needed SUPER FUN break from work and my comps.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that candy corn idea! And now I really want to go check out "Goodnight Goon" - it looks so cute!

Mrs. McKown said...

I found Mardel online this summer and ordered some stuff for my classroom from them at really great prices! I am so jealous you have one near you! You found some really cool stuff! I love those leaves! I am heading to their site now!! Thanks for sharing!!

❤Mrs. McKown
Little Literacy Learners

Kreative in Kinder said...

I love Mardels. Thanks for the post! The lanterns are so cute. One of my friends is a TCU fanatic!! She really bleeds purple, lol. Looks like you had fun! I guess I forgot that you live so close to me. :)

<>< Crystal

Littlest Learners said...

I bought that candy corn border last week. I instantly fell in love with it. :)

Jonelle Bell said...

My friend's daughter is a freshman at TCU...they are really missing her. I am sure she was at the game:)
Jonelle