Sunday, October 23, 2011

Favorite Read Alouds Linky Party

Courtney from Swimming Into Second is having a Favorite Read Alouds Linky Party. To check out everyone who has linked up or to add a post of your own, take a look at Courtney's post.


Photobucket

My favorite chapter book to read aloud to my students is Attaboy, Sam! by Lois Lowry. 

Description straight from Lois Lowry's website....
Why won't Sam Krupnik allow his mother to enter his bedroom? Why has he started calling his toy box The Lab? And why does he carry a Ziplock bag in his pocket at all times? What's the big secret?

Well, his mother's birthday is approaching, and she has told her family that what she really wants are homemade gifts. Sam has decided to invent a special, surprise perfume just for her - a concoction that will combine all of her favorite smells. Now the question is: Exactly how does one go about bottling the quirky collection of scents on Mrs. Krupnik's list of favorites? If anyone can find a way - or at least have loads of fun trying - it's Sam.

Every year, when I read this book to my students, it makes me laugh all over again!! My favorite parts are when Sam's perfume starts smelling up his room so bad that he can't go into it, when it explodes all over the place, and when he finds the perfect new gift to replace it with.

2 comments:

Annie Moffatt said...

I am so glad you shared this because I am looking for some good read alouds for my little girl!

Alicia @ littlesprinklesoffun said...

I love your blog! I am also a Kinder-teacher and am always looking for fun/ new ideas! I am your newest follower!