Thursday, October 6, 2011

Circle Inspired Math

If you are teaching your students about two-dimensional shapes, try out these circle inspired ideas....
From The Elementary Art Room - Kandinsky inspired circle art

We used a Venn diagram to compare the attributes of circles and squares. I passed out the different attributes to the students and we worked together to place them where they went on the Venn. 

Circle Venn
Afterward, students did a have/ have not circle sort.

Shape Sort

a few great circle read alouds...

3 comments:

Busy Bees said...

Perfect for what I am teaching next week. We just introduced the 2-D and 3-D shapes this week. Our more intense study is the next 2 weeks. Thanks for the great ideas!!
Robynn
BusyBees

Caitlin said...

We don't do shapes until the end of the year with our new math series, but I love this. I am 'pinning' the idea so I don't forget. Thanks!!

Caitlin
http://kindergartensmiles.blogspot.com

Wild About K Kids said...

I love your shape ideas, they are perfect for my K kids. The Kandinsky circles is my favorite!!!

http://wildaboutk.blogspot.com/