Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bat Measurement

Some of you have been asking for this recording sheet, so I thought I would post it. This idea came from Kim Jordano :)
I gave students a pre-cut bat shape. Then they used small squares to make the eyes. They clipped all four corners on each square and rounded to make a circle. I gave them a rectangle to make the mouth. They clipped the bottom two corners and rounded.
 
 I gave students one object at a time to measure. They worked in small groups at their table to complete the project.

Bat Measurement

4 comments:

Crayons and Curls said...

Thank you for sharing! :)
Cheryl
cener(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
Crayons and Curls

Busy Bees said...

Thanks for the worksheet. I did this art activity last year and we filled out characteristics on a bat. This is just an extra bonus for this year!
Robynn
http://rd-busybees.blogspot.com/

Jen R. (The Teachers' Cauldron) said...

cute! I'm doing bats this week - thank you!

Miss Amanda said...

Thank you for posting this. It worked right into our theme for the day! I appreciate all the hard work you've put into your blog and your willingness to share with others!
http://littleadventurespreschool.blogspot.com/2011/10/bats-and-monsters.html