Sunday, September 4, 2011

a few of my favorite posts from the week.....

a few of my favorite finds while blogging this weekend....

From Jonelle at A Place Called Kindergarten


Teaching Library - a resource for finding great read alouds and suggested activities to go with them

Also from Jonelle and from the post Our First Reader's Theater

You can download the reader's theater script for free. It is based on the book The Little School Bus.


From Jessie at Gluesticks, Games, and Giggles....

Pattern Fish


From Kim and Megan at Kindergals.....

Great tips for classroom management


From Jennifer at First Grade Blue Skies....

A neat pack on labeling and one full of simple reader's theater scripts



From Mel D at Mrs. Dillard's First Grade....

Behavior Coupon Freebies



From Doodle Bugs Teaching...

some dog inspired fun....


From I Heart Crafty Things.....

Lots of ocean animal and read aloud posts. My favorite is A House For Hermit Crab


Based on the book I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean



From Mrs. Meacham's First Grade....

Adding Detail....


Use a SMARTboard to motivate students to add details to their pictures. In my district, teaching the students to add details to their drawings is a very important part of the writing curriculum. The idea behind this is that by adding details to their drawings now, they will later add more detail to their writing. For those of you who do not have a SMARTboard.... try these other ideas.....

Have students use Pixie or Kid Pix on the computer (if you have a projector, use it to project the picture on the wall)

Use an ELMO (have students come up and draw on paper, use the ELMO to display it on the wall)

From Julie at Mrs. Lee's Kindergarten....

More Brown Bear Fun. You will also find activities for Miss Nelson is Missing and Elmer.




From The First Grade Parade.... and inspired by Julie's original post....

No David! I'm a Peacemaker!


5 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Thanks for the shout out!!
You are Super!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Ms. Simoneaux said...

Love these ideas! We did the Miss Nelson is missing in my classroom Thursday before I left of Friday! My poor babies were worried that their substitute was going to be Miss Swamp! It was hilarious to here them discuss how much they did not want her to be their teacher and for me to come back to school after Labor Day ha!
I definitely recommend that activity before you are absent!
-Ms. Simoneaux
http://firstgradefresh.blogspot.com/

Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) said...

i'll have to check these out! love the new blog design, btw!

Mrs.Murray said...

Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful ideas and for pointing me in other fabulous directions!

http://mrsmurrayskinders.blogspot.com

Angel Schwartz said...

I am always looking for new ways to use my SmartBoard and the tidbit use mentioned about using it to help children add detail came in handy. In fact, I used your suggestion the very next day during our writing time. I am constantly telling me kiddos to add more detail, but the SmartBoard provided them with an additional format for viewing this detail that I am constantly referring to and expecting. Thanks for the idea!