Monday, September 26, 2011

Class Timelines

I have seen a few time-line ideas that I like lately and wanted to post about. 

This idea came from a kindergarten teacher in my district. She is creating a time-line of what her students are learning each month over the course of the year. In the hallway, she has posted a name card for each month of the school year. Throughout the month, she adds photographs or samples of student work. The months and work are posted along the wall close to the ceiling so that they will not be in the way of bulletin boards or other displayed work. She chooses just a few samples of the main concepts they learned about or the main activities for the month.


Here is an idea I pinned last night. It is the same principal.
I will go back and add the blog it came from this evening when I get the chance.

2 comments:

Deebi27 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deebi27 said...

I just called my co-teacher in our Pre-K classroom. I pitched the idea for the timeline for our parents. She loved the idea...welll I am off to get the timeline goodies together and a few others classrom needs...Thanks so much April for this great parent communicator idea!!!