Saturday, August 6, 2011

LEGOS!! The Thing to Have!!

Looks like LEGOS are the manipulative that everyone needs this year!!


Check out these LEGO ideas....

LEGO Letters
Have students use real LEGOS to make the letters of the alphabet.


Spelling Words with LEGO Blocks



LEGO Math Worksheets
Have students use real LEGOS and a recording sheet to solve addition problems or for building number sense.


Letter Work With LEGOS


Spelling With LEGO Letters


LEGO Spelling You Tube Videos

LEGO Math Activities

And don't forget.... LEGOS are really great for building spatial ability in children, so look for some lessons where you can have kids consider perspective, build 3-D maps, flip, and rotate LEGOS.

13 comments:

Busy Bees said...

Thanks for all of the Lego ideas. I am going to have to create a file when I go into school today!!
BusyBees

Teaching Heart Mom said...

We love Legos... Thanks for sharing ideas!

Shelley Gray said...

This is wonderful! Now I know what to do with all of the extra lego blocks that I have laying around :)

Teaching in the Early Years by Shelley Gray

Kristin said...

BRILLIANT!!!!!!! Thank you! :)
Kristin
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Randee said...

Lovin' the Lego ABCs!!!
How about them apples?

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

I have thousands (literally) of legos. Love all your ideas. Will be sharing them with my team next week at our meeting. Thanks for such a fun blog.

Megan said...

Great ideas. Thanks so much. Legos are fun to use anyway and using them to learn works even better. :)

Katy said...

LOVE THIS! Thanks for sharing all these great ideas. I have legos in my construction center, but I'm thinking I might like them better in ABC. :) LOVE the letter idea of using them to teach tall, short and hang down letters. Thanks for sharing!

Katy
Kindergarten Katy

Becky said...

Thanks for the link to my site! I appreciate the traffic! :)

Deedee Wills said...

Man! LOVE this! I'm grabbing mine off of the indoor recess shelf. You always come across the greatest ideas! Thank you for sharing...

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

snow white costume toddler said...

What an amazing idea! I'm definitely going to use these in class! My "construction" are is in dire need of these! Fantastic!

Jen said...

I LOVE that you included LEGO'S as a learning tool! I work as an occupational therapist in schools and find that many of my referrals are directly related to kids who don't spend enough time working with manipulatives. LEGO's and letters are a great combo!
Jen

Lisa said...

I just gushed all about this on my blog ateachersbagoftricks.blogspot.com. I just love it!