Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Christmas in July Book & Activity Exchange Linky Party

For "Christmas," Jennifer from Wild About Teaching sent me this fun Fancy Nancy pack of goodies and a writing mini-lesson to use with the book. Dress up like Fancy Nancy and introduce your students to all kinds of "Fancy" words.


A few other Fancy Nancy resources I found....

Read to Me - Rita Rudner, Las Vegas comedian, narrates Fancy Nancy.


Fancy Nancy Lesson Plans

Everybody's Favorite Fancy Girl

Introducing Vocabulary Lesson from Free Reading

Fancy Nancy lesson plans

Fancy Nancy at the Museum


Fancy Nancy's Favorite Words


Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy

4 comments:

Randee said...

How cute! LOVIN the pink boa...I'm sure your boys will too! ;) I have a small giveaway posted on my blog. You can win one of the books I sent my partner. I also have the activity posted.
How about them apples?

Patty said...

HI,Where do you get the little colored folders? I love the lesson! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Larremore said...

I think you should be able to find them at just about any teacher's store. They seem to be really popular right now.

jdrob said...

Thanks for posting all the fun ideas! I LOVE Fancy Nancy!

I have a large Fancy Nancy board that I post all our "fancy" words we discover in our reading. We of course pick a lot from Fancy Nancy books. We even explain words like Fancy Nancy, "_____ is a fancy word for ___." =) The kids love it and their vocabulary really improved. You can check out my Fancy Nancy board on my blog: http://gluesticksgamesandgiggles.blogspot.com/2011/07/welcome-to-g3.html